EWP & LCD Controller Kit
Aluminium Electric Water Pump - 150 Litres/Min Suit Engines 6-8 Cyl Over 400 HP & Heavy Duty 4WD's
The revolutionary EWP150 is now available in light weight aluminium bundled with our Digital Controller. Designed with the high-performance pro, sprint, tarmac, circuit and drag racer in mind this rugged Alloy electric water pump has AN-16 internal threads at inlet and outlet for neat, tight, dash fitting applications. All the same exciting features offered on the EWP150 are here on the street-smart alloy EWP. The LCD EWP & Fan Digital Controller is scientifically calibrated to manage the flow rate of engine coolant to lock onto a targeted engine temperature.
The unique LCD EWP/Fan Digital Controller will manage the operation of your chosen EWP by varying the speed of your pump in response to coolant temperature and manage control of your electric Thermatic Fan, No need for a separate thermal switch. The Controller varies the speed of your EWP looking for, and locking onto your target temp. If the engine temp goes 3 degrees C over the target, the Controller will run your radiator fan until the target temp is restored. And it now does 12 & 24 Volt
This LCD EWP/Fan Digital Controller (Part #8000) is Australian designed and as part of this Australian manufacturing company's continuous improvement program this advanced Digital Controller boasts a suite of enhancements.
- The prominent blue Liquid Crystal Display screen (pictured)
- Now suitable for all 12v & 24v electrical systems, with relevant displays
- Genuine Thermometer, with coolant and targeted/set temp. displays
- Diagnostic check & warm-up signals
- Nine (9) targeted/set coolant temperatures, 60°C (140°F) to 100°C (212°F)
- Flashing "EWP" logo signifying water pump in operation
- Davies Craig Thermatic Fan logo, circulating signifying fan in operation
- Flashing High & Low Voltage indicators
- Low & High Temp indicators
- Audible alarm -
-if coolant temp doesn't exceed 40°C (104°F) within 5 mins of start-up
-when coolant temperature exceeds 10°C (50°F) of set/target
-when coolant temperature exceeds 100°C (212°F)
- Above Set/Target Temperature indicator accompanies audible alarm
- Temperature Sensor short & open circuit indicators
- Automatic time-out, EWP runs for 3 minutes or until engine temp has reduced to -10°C (-14°F) below set/targeted temp whichever occurs first.
The updated Davies, Craig LCD EWP/Fan Digital Controller (#8000) as an engine management component has undergone extensive research, development, vehicle and test centre scrutiny.
The updated LCD Digital Controller how has two specific functions. This unique Controller will now manage the operation of the EWP by varying the speed of the EWP in response to the temperature of the engine and manage control of your electric engine fan. The Controller has a push-button on the facia panel that offers target temperatures, 60°C (140°F) 65°C (150°F) 70°C (160°F) 75°C (165°F) 80°C (175°F) 85°C (185°F) 90°C (195°F) 95°C (205°F). Generally, higher engine temperature will offer improved fuel efficiency and lower engine temperature more power. The LCD Digital Controller will now operate the engine's electric fan automatically once the engine has reached +3c above the target temperature. A significant benefit too is the Controller allows the EWP to run on after ignition shutdown to reduce heat soak. It is recommended that engine operational temperatures be checked with manufacturer.
The LCD Digital Controller can be used with our EBP however it is not recommended as it will not vary the speed of the pump in response to temperature but rather simply turn the pump on and off once the top end temperature is reached. For a far more economical & appropriate solution, we would recommend Part Number 0401 & 0444 to turn the EBP on and off at your set temp.